To strengthen the system of the inter-institutional research collaboration in Eastern Visayas is the main objective of EVHRDC by developing and enhancing the capacity of its member institutions in carrying out health-related research activities, as a strategy to produce research outputs that can help improve the health conditions of the Filipino people.
These are the EVHRDC specific objectives:
- Identify priority regional health problems for research;
- Identify and implement priority research programs and projects targeting identified priority health problems;
- Develop and/or enhance health research and development activities;
- Establish a system of collaboration and resource sharing in undertaking health researches;
- Generate resources for health-related researches consistent with the national and regional research agenda;
- Develop capability in human resources, facilities and other infrastructure for health and nutrition researches;
- Promote the utilization of health research findings;
- Serve as clearinghouse for all health-related researches; and
- Develop mechanisms and implement strategies to ensure long-term viability of the EVHRDC.