The Department of Science and Technology- Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) is pleased to announce that the call for nominations for the 2023 Best Mentor in Health Research Award is now open!
The Best Mentor in Health Research Award is offered biennially to recognize and reward mentors in health research who have built the capacities of researchers in the health sector and, in the process, propelled significant advances in the Philippine National Health Research System’s (PNHRS) thrusts as identified in the National Unified Health Research Agenda (NUHRA).
A. WHO CAN NOMINATE?
The nominating party may be any of the following:
- Head of the nominee’s institution or immediate supervisor
Self-nomination is not allowed.
B. WHO CAN BE NOMINATED?
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- Must be with appropriate or relevant academic qualifications
- Must be actively involved in mentoring researchers/students or colleagues for at least 3 years
- Has a good track record as a researcher in terms of any of the following: publication, product development or policy formulation
- Professionally involved in health research activities either as a research program/project leader, principal and co-principal investigator, mentor/adviser/trainer, or author/co-author
- Actively involved in any health research activities in the last 5 years such as conduct of research training and extension work, paper presentations, fund generation, research promotion and networking, research agenda setting, and capacity-building activities
NOTE: Winners are ineligible for subsequent nominations, while non-winners are still eligible for nominations if they submit a new set of documents, but not for consecutive calls of nomination.