We are searching for health social science and/or biotechnology and biomedical health research studies that could address the health system needs in Eastern Visayas.
The Eastern Visayas Health Research and Development Consortium (EVHRDC) is calling for Health Social Sciences, Biotechnological, and Biomedical research proposals that are in-line with the newly-updated Regional Unified Health Research Agenda (RUHRA) 2023-2028 (View RUHRA here) and/ or Regional Development Plan (RDP). Every capsule research proposals shall be evaluated based on its capacity to effectively address the existing health-related issues in the region and also on their potential outputs based on the DOST 6Ps metrics (view DOST 6Ps here).
SCOPE OF CALL FOR PROPOSALS
- Biotechnology Research – may include genetic and molecular engineering, plant and animal biotechnology and food biotechnology which could be used to develop effective treatments and preventive measures for different health issues.
- Biomedical Research- developing new devices, equipment and procedures or upgrading existing ones to improve human health
- Health Social Science Research- includes identifying social innovations in health that strengthens health systems to provide accessible, quality, unified and affordable health care services that improves health outcomes
WHO CAN SUBMIT A CAPSULE RESEARCH PROPOSAL?
The Call for Proposals is open to all researchers affiliated to an EVHRDC member institution. The project leader:
- Must have a good track record;
- Must be a Filipino who is based in Eastern Visayas;
- Must not have an on-going research funded through EVHRDC as a project leader; and
- Must be open to collaboration with researchers from the same and other member institutions
Note: The research locale must be within Eastern Visayas
HOW TO SUBMIT A CAPSULE RESEARCH PROPOSAL
1) Complete the PCHRD Capsule Research Proposal Form (Download form here)
2) Submit the accomplished form via:
b) In-person or courier. Place the documents inside a sealed brown envelope and address it to:
LUCIA P. DAUZ
Department of Science and Technology 8
Government Center, Candahug, Palo, Leyte
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION AND SHORTLISTING
The deadline for submission of capsule proposals is on April 14, 2023. The Research Management Committee (RMC) will conduct an initial review and shortlisting of received capsule proposals within the month of April and May. The following are the criteria for the evaluation of the proposals:
- Alignment of research proposal to NUHRA/RUHRA 2023-2028 and/or RDP
- Social/ economic/ scientific value for the primary beneficiaries
- Completeness of the proposal as per the prescribed format
- Clear and attainable scientific objectives
- Clear description of the methodology
- Qualifications of the researcher/s
- Feasibility with social, political, logistics and cultural context
The researchers of the shortlisted capsule proposals will then be requested to submit the full-blown version of their proposal following the PCHRD-format.
Once the full-blown proposal is approved, the following incentives will be given:
- Research Grant
- Mentoring and coaching
Note: Certificate of recognition to the host and collaborating institution upon completion of the research