The EVHRDC Awards is presented to researchers in Region 8 to recognize significant contributions to knowledge related to health. The awards will have two (2) categories: the Distinguished Health Researcher Award and the EVHRDC Outstanding Novice Researcher Award. Up to three awards may be given annually under the two award categories. The selection committee may not confer any of the awards once no one meets the qualifications.
Eligibility for Distinguished Health Researcher Award
The Distinguished Health Researcher Award is open to all Filipino Citizen researchers of Region 8-Eastern Visayas (whether individual or group/institutional categories) of the affiliated members of the Eastern Visayas Health Research Development Consortium (EVHRDC) and other interested colleges, universities, and agencies not affiliated with EVHRDC. The award shall have no age restrictions and can be granted posthumously.
Eligibility for EVHRDC Outstanding Novice Researcher Award
This aims to encourage young researchers to undertake work in all fields of health research. The award will be granted to researchers within Eastern Visayas region that are employed by the member institutions of the consortium. This award shall be conferred to young researchers not exceeding the age of 40 at the time of nomination.
The Distinguished Health Researcher Award may be conferred to an individual or a group while the EVHRDC Outstanding Novice Researcher Award is conferred to individuals who have made a significant contribution to health. This contribution could be a long-term, cumulative contribution or a single, particularly insightful idea, experiment, application, or interpretation.
The selection committee shall consider the following criteria in selecting the recipient:
- Demonstrated excellence in research, scholarly, and/or artistic work;
- Recognition by professional societies, community organizations, or other external bodies;
- Contributions to the research environment both locally, nationally, and internationally. This can include the development of major research installations (e.g. a research centre), participation in the deliberations of a major research granting agency (e.g. member and/or chair of a grant selection committee), or other prestigious forms of service to the field;
- Contributions to the training and education of highly qualified personnel (e.g., undergraduate and graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and technical staff);
- The selection committee reserves the right to make fewer than three awards or none at all in any year if there are no suitable candidates;
- The institution of the individual or group researcher/s shall also be recognized;
- The selection committee shall determine the award category of a candidate/nominee. Distinguished Health Researcher nominee should have a minimum of five (5) completed health researches conducted, and the EVHRDC Outstanding Novice Researcher nominee should have one or a maximum of four (4) researche/s.
The Distinguished Health Researcher Awardees and EVHRDC Outstanding Novice Researcher Awardees shall be chosen by the Board of Judges. Decisions of the Board of Judges shall be final and unappealable. The Board of Judges has the right not to declare any winner. The Board of Judges shall formulate their own guidelines of judging based on the suggested criteria:
|Extent of impact on health/quality of life||40%|
|Research Pitching and Publications||10%|
|Research Training Involvement||10%|
1.Candidates may be nominated by a colleague, any individual, any agency, or self-nomination may be allowed. The nominator should be of someone in higher stature than the nominee. It could be someone the nominee had worked with, i.e., mentor, consultant, or workmate.
2. The nomination package must include:
2.1. A letter from the nominator summarizing the candidate’s research achievements and outlining the national or international significance of the candidate’s scholarly work. (The nomination letter should not exceed 300 words);
2.2. Current curriculum vitae of the candidate;
2.3. Three letters of support from scholars in the candidate’s main or cognate fields, commenting on the impact of the candidates’ work regionally, nationally, and internationally. At least two of these letters must be from scholars outside the workplace.
Submit your nominations here: https://forms.gle/kSdg8UtBZJX1m9D66
==>EVHRDC Awards Nomination Form
THE DEADLINE IS EXTENDED UNTIL: OCTOBER 15, 2021